trapping tonight ( slightly graphic)

PaigeHgibson

Songster
8 Years
Mar 2, 2011
VIRGINIA
as Many of my friends On BYC know I have a serious coon problem I live right on a marsh
they killed almost all my pigeons
hit.gif

please read my previous posts
they are causing a serious problem with me and the people in my neighborhood ( knocking over secure trash cans , noise ETC ) they cant get into my loft but they sure are damaging it
somad.gif
trying too get in at this point i have made it coon proof , my loft is clean , and i take the food out at night so it is not like im tempting them once they find a easy meal they keep coming back and they are getting braver and braver
well tonight I set the trap with marshmellow fluff and penut butter I know im gonna catch them
anyone against this please keep your thoughts to yourself you would know how i felt if you found the head of a baby you hand fed , the raccoons are dealt with humanely.

Wish me luck maybe i can catch more than one in the same night when i walked out this morning i saw 5 hanging of the flight pen
he.gif

Last edited:
Good luck ...We had a chicken killed and the next the night one was roughed up though the wire. Trapping only yielded a possum, as the coons were to smart. For the last couple of weeks Bear ( our dog ) has been outside on guard duty; he barks at 3:30 AM and the big old Raccoon waddles off. So far no blood has been shed. I have been told you can buy Mt. Lion urine that keeps them away.

I tried marshmallow and peanut butter for a week for a coon. I'd go out in the AM and the bait would be gone and the trap empty.

The night before last I just cracked open a can of sardines in mustard. I got it! Yesterday, I had a (different) can of sardines for lunch. I put the empty can in the trap and got another one! Needless to say, there is a can of sardines in my trap now.

welll I forgot to anchor the trap down found it this morning in the middle of the yard , something had been inside it and the others must have lets it out ... I put a cynder block on it for tonight

I cut a piece of plywood about 6" bigger all around than the trap and wired the trap to the plywood to stabilize it. That way he can't turn it over.

I also built a box that sets over the trap. The only opening is in the front so he has to go in through the trap door. He can't get at the bait from the top, sides, botttom, or back.

I got one a couple of days ago that was getting in the chicken feed. I used two marshmallows and some loose chicken feed as bait. He was fairly young so probably not real trap savvy. But at least he is gone.

Back
Top Bottom