Traveling Duckies (pics on second page!)

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by nettie, Jan 11, 2009.

1. nettie

nettie Enslaved by Indoor Ducks

Nov 20, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    high ho high ho it's back to alabama i go
    a 12 hour drive with two ducks along for the ride, high ho hig ho high ho...

that's right, i'm going back home from my trip in chicago. It's a good 12 hours from chicago to montgomery... i got my two runners with me, who sometimes love the car, while other times think it's funny to quack incessantily the entire time... this will be fun! I've set up the back seat with a box and a ramp so they can get right up to the window and look out if they want. Pray for my sanity!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
  2. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator~~~~~~BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    I brought a crippled duck home on a long trip. She rode in the front seat all buckled in the bottom half of a dog carrier lined with towels. She commented on the quality of the cars going by and the people driving them.

She ordered her own lettuce at a Taco Bell Drive through as well.

"Hi can I take your order?"

"QUACK!!!!!"

"What???"

"An order of shredded lettuce please"

Have a fun trip!

3. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Quote:[​IMG]

4. Dill

Dill Chilling Out

Nov 10, 2008
    FL
    I'd love to go on a car trip with Dill and Will [​IMG] I've always thought it sounded like fun. I can picture Dill laying in my lap most of the trip and Will in the seat next to me lol

5. lobb40118

lobb40118 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I travelled once with ducks in a dog carrier for 3 hours.......big mess....lol....Ducks poop so dang much rode with the windows down. Now that it is cold out you will have a most odeforous trip i imagine...lol

6. nettie

Nov 20, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    thank god for wifi! we're stopping to eat now... i made my ducks diaper harnesses to control the poop. I just change them every three hours or so. I put down some rag rugs on the seat and let them walk where ever they please. I packed stuff on ther floor so they would fall down. They so far like the box/ramp up to the window. luckily they are being quiet now that it's dark. you should see the look on poeple's faces on the road and at the gas stations...

(Edit: so they would NOT fall down, lol... silly me, didn't want anyone thinking i wanted my babies to fall in the cracks, lol)

Last edited: Jan 11, 2009
  7. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator~~~~~~BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    This is Miss Matilda as we were heading out of Shingle Springs (just east of Sacramento) on the way to Oregon City.
    She had a diaper which helped, but pekins poop a lot. Miss Matilda's nickname is "Explodo-Butt"
    [​IMG]

8. nettie

Nov 20, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

that is soo funny... I'll have to get a pic of my ducks for you guys...

9. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    Quote:yes please I NEED to see this car trip in action!

10. chickink

chickink New Egg

Jan 11, 2009
    Big Sky Country~Montana
    You guys have the luckiest Ducks on the planet! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by