Treat Balls

CliffB

Songster
5 Years
Oct 5, 2014
Georgia
I bought 2 treat balls with the bells on the bottom to entertain everyone while they are locked up at night during the winter. So far i have been putting a mixed lettuce into the ball with little chunks of carrot and it lasts about an hour. What else could i put in the ball to entertain them? I've read cabbage and lettuce but what else? Thanks.

We had some leftover at work from Chick Days that were only $.99 so i bought 2. I've seen Happy Hen sells one online though also.

Also if you don't want to order one just go to a feed store or a Wal-Mart and buy a hanging suet feeder and it works the exact same way minus the bell.
I've had probs with using the suet feeders with my girls. I had one in the run this summer and after a few weeks of using it I began to notice "whitish marks" on their upper beaks. Finally figured out that they were pecking at the goodies so hard they were literally scraping the black off their beaks (Black Australorps)....yikes!
sickbyc.gif

The treat ball wouldn't do that because the openings are quite a bit larger than the suet feeders...I'll be on the lookout for one for sure!

Well that answers that question. Put these in yesterday afternoon. Up front was cabbage. In the back is still lettuce.

Back
Top Bottom