1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Treat? Cull? Or test? Hatch babies on sulmet?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by stonecottagefarm, May 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stonecottagefarm

stonecottagefarm Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2011
    Pacific NorthWest
    Post has been deleted. Thank you!

Last edited: May 22, 2011
  2. RedRoosterFarm

RedRoosterFarm **LOVE MY SERAMAS**

If it was me I think I would just keep them seperate and if you notice anything then I would treat. I would use an antiotic in the water. Hope its just with the one bird. Good luck!
    Quote:

3. stonecottagefarm

stonecottagefarm Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2011
    Pacific NorthWest
    Bird is recovered but we are going to cull her anyway. susepecting aspergillus or respiratory disease. All other birds are healthy and we are going to research vaccinating them and maintain flock separation for a while.

Frustrated because we suspect whatever it is possibly came from another local farm. They sell local non-gmo organic feed and we found out they are housing many sick birds rather than culling them and we only know this because we have workers that also work for them. We won't be buying from them anymore. Thanks for all the insights on this thread and others.

4. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    closed at OP request

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by