Treated Lawns

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Ernie G, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Ernie G

Ernie G Out Of The Brooder

Jul 9, 2013
    How long should you keep chicks or chickens off a treated lawn? Anybody know?

2. Angelicisi

Angelicisi Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2013
    Baton Rouge area
    My Coop
    Treated for what?

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  3. foreverlearning

foreverlearning Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2013
    Treated with what and in what form (IE: pellets, liquid, or powder)? Some things are one hour, others until the first good rain.

4. Angelicisi

Angelicisi Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2013
    Baton Rouge area
    My Coop
    A lot of packages will tell you on the back if its safe for grazing animals or how long to wait, if its a toxin. Fertilizers I'm not sure.

5. Ernie G

Ernie G Out Of The Brooder

Jul 9, 2013
    Pay a lawn service. Sometimes they spray. Sometimes pellets.

6. foreverlearning

foreverlearning Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2013
    Most sprays are safe as soon as it drys. If they spray the outside and the base of the house it will be fine, if they spray the grass (very outdated) you need to know what they are using. If they are up to date with the pellets and know you have animals then you would have to wait for the first good rain (not a light one) or do as I do and water the yard real good. The new (last 2 years) pellets are cheaper and most places have moved to them but you have to watch out because some are still using the old ones. The old ones required one week after the first good rain before animals that ate off the ground could go near them. You want to ask them what they are using.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by