Treating a chick with homeopathy???

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by sharon_k, Jun 5, 2010.

1. sharon_k

sharon_k Out Of The Brooder

May 28, 2009
    I posted a thread earlier that I think one of my silkie chicks, hatched on thurs, is failing to thrive. It honestly looked like it was going to die this morning. I had to leave my home, and just got back a little while ago. During the 9 hrs. I was gone this chick managed to hang on. I dipped its beak a couple times in water, and it still will not open its eyes and has labored breathing, it's chirping is infrequent and "scratchy" sounding, and it is opening/closing its mouth constantly. I have no antibiotics on hand but if this chick lives through the night I am going to try and take it to the vet. Does that sound crazy?? My husband thinks I should just leave it be, and honestly I'd do that but it seems to be hanging on for its dear life. If it is going to die, I'd rather it just die quickly instead of suffering, then dying in a couple days. So if this little chick wants to live, are there any homeopathic remedies I can try??? I have an entire homeopathy kit but I'm only used to treating humans. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

2. Peppermint

Peppermint Chillin' With My Peeps

I think animals respond as well, if not better than humans to homeopathy. Think Rescue Remedy or Aconite. Good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by