Treating with CORID-Poly Vi Sol after???

IroquoisEgg

Songster
9 Years
May 30, 2010
Fair Oaks, CA
I lost a week old chick Thursday, noticed others were lethargic, not eating, blood in stools but only a little-so started Corid Friday morning. Giving each one the meds by syringe and filling their waterer with it. Continued this method on Sat. and Sun. today is Mon. do I continue treating them with the Corid? One chick is at the end of her life, it is just a matter of time. I guess I got to her too late. SIGH. A few others are still lethargic, but eating here and there and drinking. Others are doing good. Hard to tell who has blood in stool still, as they are in the brooder, but I am seeing some here and there. My question is, I have read that the Cocci depletes their vitamins so I am wondering if I should start giving them the Poly-Vi-Sol today instead of the syringing with meds. If so, should I leave the meds in their waterer? Or, just keep with the meds? In the syringe and water or just water? The poor little chick dying is my son's favorite and it's heartbreaking that I couldn't save her.

Back
Top Bottom