Treating Yourself To Something Special

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Laurajean, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    So today I really splurged on some things. I haven't treated myself to anything special in a while, so I made up for it today. First I got one of those heated base thingies so my chickens' water doesn't freeze (okay, so that isn't exactly "special", but it was a pricey thing I've been wanting). Then I went to the mall. I haven't been to the mall in ages! I bought one of those Keurig single cup coffee makers, which I've really been wanting for a while! [​IMG] I also got a nice apron with roosters on it, and then I even went to Bath & Body Works and treated myself to some aromatherapy items! [​IMG] I felt a little guilty for spending money that I can't really spare, but sometimes you just gotta treat yourself.

What have you treated yourself to lately? Or what do you want to treat yourself to, but haven't yet?

2. WhiteMountainsRanch

WhiteMountainsRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    Haha... how many things can I list! [​IMG]

Incubator.
    New computer monitor.
    New clothes.

3. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    I use a dog water heated dish for my chickens in the winter alot cheaper.....half the price.

4. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

I splurged on 2 sets of matching collars, harnesses and leashes for my dogs. It's a deal to. They will be replaced for a lifetime if the dog chews through any of it!!! Red Bandana Print on Silver and blue Cattle Dogs, doesn't it sound perfect???!!!

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Nothing. My friends and Ken did it for me! I Got my Micro doggie and Mr. Yackers the kitten.

6. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

I treated myself to some new chickens! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But, Julie here is still one of my favorites!

[​IMG]

7. WhiteMountainsRanch

WhiteMountainsRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    Beautiful chickens Kathy!!!!

8. Mak

Mak Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2009
    Londonderry, NH
    I got a new laptop recently! Well, I basically needed it since the old one died, but still, it's a nice, new, fast machine!

I'm going to get myself a new pair of dress boots. I have chicken print wellies for working outside in yucky weather, and snow boots, but I want a just for fun pair. And I saw a nice, soft, comfy looking cardigan at Wal-Mart the other day. I think that's coming home sometime soon, too!

9. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Quote:Oh, we could be best friends. [​IMG]

10. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Quote:Oh, we could be best friends. [​IMG]

Yep, and we could sit in the kitchen wearing rooster aprons, drinking Keurig coffee, and when you ask why it smells so good in here, I'll tell you all about those great "wallflower" air fresheners I got at Bath & Body Works, then I'll run to get the Spearment foot lotion I got there also to show you how good it smells! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by