Treats and entertainment for chicks?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by henry19952, Dec 28, 2010.

1. henry19952

henry19952 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 18, 2010
    Tallahassee, FL
    What are some things I can give to my 3 week old BO's for treats and entertainment??

2. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Okay, I siing to my baby chicks and I cluck at them like a mamma hen does and touch them ever since they were born....So I'm mamma! No extra special treats. Lots of clean water and clean brooder!

3. BeccaB00

BeccaB00 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Kansas
    I set and talk to mine [​IMG] so fun to watch them and they look so interested

in what I say. I also give my chicks kitty toys. Like the little balls that have bells in

them. Also cut up toilet paper rolls are fun for them. I had a chick that would roll

them around his brooder [​IMG] I also try and give them stuffed animals or a feather

duster to snuggle up in, Especially if it's all alone with no other chicks. As far as treats

go, they like watermelon. Oatmeal is good, scrambled eggs, chopped up boiled eggs,

bananas to. [​IMG] have fun.

-Becca

4. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2010
  5. soap&eggs

soap&eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    day 3 i start giving crushed old fashion cooking oatmeal ( not the instant ) on top of feed...day 5 bits of breads..after a few days when i put hand in & call..chick-chick- chick...they come running to eat out of hand..sitting like trained house birds...oatmeal also helps in keeping them from pastin up(poo on bum) ... i will toss in any leftovers from meals...i had to winter in house..in kitchen seramas..when i sat down for meals little hen would make so much fuss when food went into my mouth & not hers !!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by