Treats and Snacks for chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Hopefulloflove, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Hopefulloflove

Hopefulloflove Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2011
    Benson, NC
    I am wondering if you all would give me ideas of snacks and treats to feed to chicks. Mine are 4 weeks old now....I've heard yougurt, grapes, meal worms......please keep the list going! Thanks

2. K8tieCat

K8tieCat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    Northern California
    My girls eat everything and anything. Melons, Veggies, grapes, cucumbers, tomatoes, sunflower seeds, kefir, leftover table scraps. You name it, they eat it. Only thing they turn their nose up at is celery, unless its shopped up really fine and mixed with something else.

3. stone_family3

stone_family3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Ohio
    Mine like herbs, tomatoes, grapes, watermelon, crackers, sunflowers, dandelions, plain ole grass.

4. wildriverswolf90

wildriverswolf90 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2011
    polk county, NC
  5. Maisie1

Maisie1 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 26, 2011
    Madison, WI
    Mine go absolutely BERZERK for plain old clover. [​IMG] The kind you pull out of your garden and lawn as weeds (three leaves, tiny yellow flowers). They practically inhale it!

6. kareninthesun

kareninthesun Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2011
    Mine go most nuts over mealworms, followed by plain yogurt. They've developed a pretty good system for scooping it up. But boy, does it fly! Fruits, whatever falls close to them and they think they can eat, they do, as long as it isn't fatty or spicy.

7. Chicky Monkey

Chicky Monkey Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2011
    Mine love cut up dandelions, chopped (in processor) apple, carrots, squash and cut up tomatoes, cucumber. Their absolute favorite snack in the world is grasshoppers. They will follow me around when I'm catching them. I pull their legs off (yuk!) and let them play with them. Yes, I am horrible! They also love it when I feed them moths. When my chicks were young like yours, I fed them chopped up hard boiled eggs for extra protein.

8. WalkingHorse

WalkingHorse Out Of The Brooder

Number one snack here is sprouts! They go nuts over them. [​IMG]

9. Hopefulloflove

Hopefulloflove Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2011
    Benson, NC
    Thank you all!

10. chickengal30

chickengal30 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2011
    West coast of Florida.
    Mine go c r a z y for Kale [​IMG] As im trying to hang it up for them there all over it!! [​IMG]:weee

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by