treats? for 3 week old chicks

Yes that sounds like a good treat. When mine get about 5 weeks I give mine dried meal worms and they love it. they purr while they eat!! Its so cute. You can get the meal worms at the farm store or tractor supply. They are called happy hen treats. I also give my babies something called a baby cake. they love that. Its got oats flax seed cinnamon cranberries sunfllowers and other goodies all rolled into a cake they pick on. You can get that at tractor supply too hope this helps.

I give mine live mealworms (easy to raise) and they learn quickly that when they see me, they get worms. Only took a few treats and they came looking when I went out there instead of running away.

I do the same, using live mealworms as well. But I don't wait until any particular age. As soon as they are old enough to take interest in them (about 3 days old) I start feeding live mealworms.

Oh, thanks for bringing that one up. I'm going to post the "recipe" for plain, unsweetened yogurt on the Feeding & Watering forums.

Oats, Greek or natural yoghurt, mealworms and any bugs or other insects they can find are all good treats. They especially enjoy oats that have been soaked in hot/warm water. Be careful not to feed then too much though at a time as too much soggy food is bad for them.

Back
Top Bottom