1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Treats for 3 week old ducks?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by ging3rhoffman, Apr 22, 2009.

1. ging3rhoffman

ging3rhoffman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    I have 3 week old duckilings and was wondering what I could give them as a treat. I already give them a scrambled egg in the morning and a small bowl of green beans or peas that are in tiny pieces in 2 inches of water. What else could I give them?

They have all the duck strarted feed that they want and I change out their 1 gallon waterer twice a day.

2. headred

headred Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2009
    Lawrence
    Mine ate almost any greens at that age. They are about 7 weeks and gave them strawberries yesterday, they loved them!

3. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Yogurt.

4. Duck Keeper

Duck Keeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2009
    Out in the Boonies
    Most anything besides chocolate or onions/garlic. Or too much of one thing obviously. I'm all for feeding treats, just don't go overboard and let them have nothing but treats, which could throw off their digestive system and possibly give them diarrhea.

I'm going to fill the tub someday and give my duckling some veggies to dive for, just not sure when! [​IMG]

5. sweetie54

sweetie54 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2009
    they love lettece too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    This time of year, you can use them to get rid of those dandelions in your yard [​IMG]

7. froggie71

froggie71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    Shamong, NJ
    Don't forget tomatoes, they go bonkers over diced tomatoes!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by