Treats for goats?

Chatychick

Songster
12 Years
Jul 9, 2007
Blue Mound, Kansas
Animal crackers are ok but also try corn chips and maybe some BOSS (Black Oil Sunflower Seeds) I dont give mine treats as I have over 40 goats and you would get mobbed...if by chance you have just a few I just wouldnt over do it as they can get to fat on treats.

redhen

Kiss My Grits...
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
May 19, 2008
Western MA
my goat loves those hard chinese noodles you get with take out chinese food...
..Wendy

kinnip

Songster
11 Years
Feb 24, 2008
Carrollton, GA
I tried giving my lady goats treats when I first brought them home. What a disaster it was. One goat got about 80% of the treats. I think it's because of the size difference-- two Nigies and a Lamancha. I haven't given treats since, except when one has to come out of the pen for medical/hygiene treatments, then I give them one apple flavoured horse treat. I like it this way, it simplifies things and keeps the goats focused on the rewards of human love.

Run-A-Muck Ranch

Songster
11 Years
Mar 26, 2008
In the middle of nowhere!!!
Our goat eat just about anything I throw out to them.
They love bread, crackers(of all kinds), fruits and veggies, oatmeal, even tree branches that have fallen--they eat the leave off the branches.
They are on open pasture 24 hrs a day 7 days a week, so they constantly have grass to graze.
They also love pumpkin, squash, watermelon. They eat fallen apples, corn on the cob(stalks and all).
anything I throw out when in the garden...beets, turnips, lettuce, etc.etc.
They eat sunflower plants (heads, stems, seeds).

I only have 2 goats right now, but by no means are they ever short of food. They come running for treats even if by some slim chance I don't have any.

AussieSharon

Songster
12 Years
Dec 18, 2007
Virginia
We have a pygmy fainting goat. Her favorite treat any time she gets a chance... chicken food!

I can't feed the chickens with her around, she headbutts them and steals all the pellets.

Top Bottom