Treats

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by th1sttimers06, Sep 6, 2010.

1. th1sttimers06

th1sttimers06 New Egg

Sep 6, 2010
    I have five week old Buff Opringtons. I needed to know what kind of treats they like to eat

2. bella1210

bella1210 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    ct
    [​IMG] from ct

they like to eat corn, worms and crickets

Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  3. 24279102

24279102 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Grand Bay, AL
    But apparently if it is hot where you are you need to not feed them corn - it is a hot feed and makes them hotter! I live in Alabama and no matter how much they beg me (and they do !) I've been staying away from the scratch until the cooler weather comes.

4. Chick_In_The_Burbs

Chick_In_The_Burbs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2010
    Western Washington
    Crickets and meal worms (live or roasted) were both big hits with my gals at that age. Both still are as a matter of fact (9 weeks old and still come running when they see the cricket bag). Roasted mealworms are probably the easiest at that age; you don't have to worry about escapees or feel them crawling on your hand when feeding.

Some people give them plain yogurt too but my ladies didn't show any interest in it.

5. 7L Farm

7L Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    My chicks like grasshoppers. I get a kick out there watching them chase em. Then one will catch one & another chick will come & steal it.

6. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Welcome th1sttimers06, to BYC

You can also give small amounts of fruits and vegetables.

Imp

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by