Treats

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by duckking, Sep 7, 2010.

1. duckking

duckking Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2010
    Cascade Foothills, WA
    What are the best treats for 3 day and 8 day old ducks?

2. lvlann

lvlann Out Of The Brooder

Sep 7, 2010
    they LOVE peas..make sure you boil them and then cool them off before you give you ducklings those peas.
    they love tomato..so chop it off into very little pieces and try to mash em. they'll love it.
    they like watermelon as well..so again..chop the melon in very small pieces..and make sure you are not feeding them any seeds..

for now..i think this will be good..as they grow older..you can give them a corn cob to nibble on..obviously boil it first..and then cool it off..with my ducklings..i boil the corn cob..and then cut it in half..and then slice both the pieces right in the middle. so i have 4 pieces..they enjoy playing with it. but again..not now..wait till they are about 2-3 weeks old.

PS: ducklings swallow their food..so make sure not to give them anything that they might choke on.

have fun with your duckies.

3. lvlann

lvlann Out Of The Brooder

Sep 7, 2010
  4. hongyush2008

hongyush2008 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 30, 2010
    shenzhen
    Quote:You can give them a corn cob to nibble on....

5. Surehatch

Surehatch Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2009
    Georgia
    Quote:You can give them a corn cob to nibble on....

I do the same for my chicks

6. Mom 2em All

Mom 2em All Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    At the top of this page, there is a "sticky" note from Nifty with a link to all sorts of duck information- one topic is treats- and there are tons of treats listed.
    Happy reading!
    I have the strangest ducks- they do not like peas! However, they love watermelon and tomatoes!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by