Treats...

Myththecat

Hatching
6 Years
Oct 13, 2013
Hello other bird lovers! I am always looking at the treat chart for advice, but for our quail there is no reference. Could somebody help?

Quail love all types of cut up veggies....corn on the cob, peas in the pod, all kinds of greens, bugs, meal worms, quartered fruit, berries, cabbage, all types of bird seed, dried fruit as well...pretty much the same thing that other poultry enjoy. Experiment with them. You might be surprised at the crazy things they eat!

Hi,

Your quail will eat almost most greens you normally throw away, cabbage and lettuce leaves, They'll like a scratch feed of small seeds produced for caged birds.You could try meal worms either fresh or dried, millet sprays can be hung for them too.If you can fix a piece of cuttlefish bone to side of their hutch/housing so they can peck at that for added calcium.

One thing I've found is, if the young quail in your brooder are fed from an early age, they will continue to eat it throughout their lives. I've had quail that I bought in, would not look at green food if they've never had it before.

Ironsun.

Back
Top Bottom