Treats

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by faith3655, Nov 27, 2014.

1. faith3655

faith3655 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 19, 2014
    How much/many treats do you feed your ducks? I have 11 ducks in total (8 pekin, 2 rouen, and 1 Ancona).

2. Amykins

Amykins Overrun With Chickens

May 11, 2013
    Well I dunno if I'm a good baseline since I only have one duck, but Wobbles gets some form of leafy greens every day for digestion and extra vitamins (I assume your ducks get the same from eating grass, weeds, victimizing your veggie garden, etc.)

I'll also give him some fruit or peas, oh, once or twice a week. Just whenever I have some extra and I know I won't eat it all. Watermelon is a definite favorite! Just put out the rinds (cut the flesh out, don't eat it first since some human germs can harm ducks) and watch your flock go to town!

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
  3. Onlyducks

Onlyducks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2014
    In the summer, they get stuff from the garden that I toss over the fence to them. In the winter, they get the scratch grains and if I have any veggie scraps, I throw them to the ducks. I have muscovies and they don't seem to like many vegetables. They ignored tomatoes, beet greens, etc. They did eat lettuce in the summer. They are out in the garden now—which has about 3 inches of snow in it. They were picking around at some green things, but that's about it. I pretty much just go with the scratch grains.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by