tree destroyed run, barely missed coop

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by chickenchalupa, Oct 23, 2009.

1. chickenchalupa

chickenchalupa Out Of The Brooder

Aug 6, 2008
    Eau Claire, Wisconsin
    Today we had a lot of snow here in wisconsin. It ripped off many tree limbs at our house and made a mess. So, tonight i decided to check on my girls since we heard a loud crack in thier direction. When i got there, i saw that a tree (about 1 foot diameter) had fallen alongside my coop, tearing off part of the roof. It missed the main body of the coop by less than an inch. the run wasn't soo lucky. Most of the tree fell on it, crushing most of the run. A branch poked a huge hole through the chicken wire protruding into it. The chickens seem to be ok, but i will check on them in the morning. Thank God it missed most the coop with my girls in it.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2009
  2. SOchick

SOchick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2009
    Georgia
    Glad all your girls are ok! How scary!

3. werecatrising

werecatrising Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2009
    California
    How scary!

4. Sillystunt

Sillystunt Master of the Silly

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    OMG, how scary! Glad they are OK! [​IMG]

5. lauralou

lauralou Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2007
    Central Virginia
    How awful! Hope everyone is okay in the coop.

6. chickflick

chickflick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    Wow! Glad your girls are alright! SNOW! You said that 4 letter word we all dread! yuck!

7. LynneP

LynneP Chillin' With My Peeps

This early winter is a challenge here too- very glad your birds are all right.
    People who thought they had a few more weeks to clean up the yard or to stock up are disheartened. Plus we're all trying to get our flu shots! Oh my, Ma Nature cab have a wicked streak...[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by