Trees for cash?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by shay20, Nov 20, 2009.

1. shay20

shay20 Shay's Flock of Fun

Jul 31, 2008
    in the wild, Mass
    Hello, ok now i am looking for companys that will pay us to take trees.

I have heard of a company before that paid someone per tree, and they came and cut it and take it away.
    Does any one know of companys like that?

We have 15 acres of land, and the landlord has given us permision to cut and sell wood.
    We live in mass.
    thanks in advance. [​IMG]

2. SarahFair

SarahFair Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    It all depends on the quality of the trees. Is there a lot of under brush and stuff that they are going to have to haul off to the dump (which charges dumping fees). Can they burn it instead at the time (if there are no burn bans)?
    If the trees are knotty and full of limbs and split in two 1/2 way up its usually not really great wood. Firewood. Not something they can haul to the mill. If it has many limbs they are going to have to haul the limbs or burn them. Do you want them to take the stumps out as well? They will have to haul them off or burn.
    Is the wood only good enough to chip? If so you might just have to make a deal that they come out there and chip it up and you get paid nothing.
    It all depends on many factors if you get paid or if youre going to be paying them.

3. shay20

Jul 31, 2008
    in the wild, Mass
    No brush,
    it is that some trees are down in the woods from last years storm, and just a lot of trees that can be cut down .
    we are looking for a company that will cut the trees and hual them off and that will offer money for those trees.

we will get rid of the other stuff like if they nedd to cut off branches and stuff , we will do all that work.
    no no need for the stumps to be taken out.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2009
  4. SarahFair

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    Quote:Well its possible yall can get someone in there to pay you. If you just have them push the limbs up in a pile (and a 15 acres of limbs is going to be a HUGE pile..) and probly all the dead trees on the floor. But what are you going to do with them??

5. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    You need to find a logging company. Most of them only buy standing timber. You get more $$ for hardwoods, of course. Be warned- many loggers will leave a huge mess and tear up the ground really bad. It's NOT a pretty sight!
    If you want to sell fallen trees, you can find someone that sells firewood, but don't think you'll get much.
    If it was me- I'd cut up & split the fallen trees, stack it up where it's visible from the road, and put a for sale sign on it.

6. SarahFair

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    Quote:Yes the SOs family owns a logging company and they leave HUGE messes and if you want it cleaned up.. Youre going to pay for it.

7. shay20

Jul 31, 2008
    in the wild, Mass
    Quote:Well its possible yall can get someone in there to pay you. If you just have them push the limbs up in a pile (and a 15 acres of limbs is going to be a HUGE pile..) and probly all the dead trees on the floor. But what are you going to do with them??

lol, well not the whole 15 acres, but we would like to just make some extra cash off some trees, instaed cutting it ourselfs and selling for fire wood.

8. shay20

Jul 31, 2008
    in the wild, Mass
    Quote:That is what we are going to do, but we figured that to save us work, lol

but i think that is what we will end up doing.
    hmmm we need a new saw. lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by