Trend Micro Pc-cillin Internet and BYC , what is going on?

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by wendy, Jan 8, 2009.

1. wendy

wendy On the Hill

Jun 14, 2007
    central louisiana
    Hey, I have had this new computer since April of 08' . Why all of a sudden did my virus protection post this big thing when I try to get on BYC? Did something change on BYC to make it do this? This is new in just the last couple of days that I have had this problem.

Help?!

Wendy

2. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Wendy, not sure what is going on, but if it was forum wide we'd be getting alerts up the wazoo!

What exactly does your antivirus say?

3. porteryork

porteryork Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2008
    Clarkesville, GA
    I use Trend and have had no problems. Michelle

4. Sallysitter

Sallysitter Out Of The Brooder

Jan 3, 2009
    Victoria, Australia
    Wendy

I had the same problem yesterday with my Trend Micro protection. A big alert kept coming up saying something like this site is insecure. I was thinking it may be an update from Trend Micro that is doing it. Have you updated recently?

5. wendy

wendy On the Hill

Jun 14, 2007
    central louisiana
    it updates all the time, i have it set to do this at least daily.

i have it set up to scan daily for problems too.

Nifty, it just came up as the page was coming up. Trend Pc was all over the side of the byc website, but i could still log in?! I don't know. I added byc to the exception of my Trend Pc websites that I knew were okay [​IMG]

Just wanted to see if anyone else gets this or knew what causes this.

6. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

The only time I've seen anything like this before that was "caused" by BYC was when someone had really super sensetive protection and got upset that the sponsor ads are being run through my ad server at www.reviewum.net

7. wendy

wendy On the Hill

Jun 14, 2007
    central louisiana
    Well i have sites protected on my virus stuff, but they are like well , um adult nature. I have 4 kids and don't let all of them on here. But I have a teenager and I put that on here while I was setting it up. But I have never seen those ads on here [​IMG]

8. flamingauburnmustang

flamingauburnmustang Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2008
    South Africa
    I also have trend micro pc-cillin, and I have no problems at all.

Although with many other sites I have lots of problems.

9. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    No problems here my McAfee green lights on site protected and has been checked. So, maybe a gliche in your software?

10. Reinbeau

Reinbeau The Teapot Underground Premium Member

TrendMicro PCillin here (have used it for years) and absolutely no alerts or problems. I think the security setting on your browser is set to high - are you using Internet Explod - I mean Explorer?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by