Trespassing neighbors rant!!!!!

organicfoltzfamilyfarm

Songster
10 Years
Dec 13, 2009
Trafalgar, IN
So I was standing at the kitchen window look out at our drive way and I see foot prints in the snow. I asked my husband if he was walking out there and he said no. So he went to investigate.

He said it looks like one of their dogs (mean little aholes) was over in our GATED back yard and they came to retrieve it. No this is the thing they walked all the way into our back yard to where the driveway stops and then turned around and walked back in the foot prints that they made. Now this gets me ticked off. There are clearly NO TRESPASSING signs and a GUARD DOG on DUTY sign (we have that just to scare people but he would attack a male dog if they are on his turf). The funny thing is, is that they told us to put our gate back up because our dog might get out and bite them or their dogs. I was walking to the mail box at the corner of the street and their dog comes running at me trying to bite me! We have about 1 1/2 acres of privacy fenced in back yard for our dog to run in. He doesn't leave the yard matter of fact he doesn't leave my side. He won't even go poop unless I stand there and watch him. They were scared of my dog because he is a pit bull. He is not people aggressive just male dogs that get to close to him in his own yard. I know he will bite another male dog if given that chance but he has never bitten anyone or anything.

Any how HOW THE HELL DO THEY KNOW THAT MY DOG WASN'T OUT THERE OR MY CHICKENS!? If I ever catch that stupid dog in my yard again I'm going to let my dog eat it. Their dog is a vicious and I know it will kill my cat or my chickens given the chance.

The funny thing is that they picked a day when the gate has been taken off (it's automatic and needs some new hinges. They cracked from the cold) to let their dog run into my back yard.

I'm telling you right now my dog will kill that dog if he ever catches him in the back yard. I'm not going to stop it either. My dog doesn't run around trying to attack people, if anything he would run up to you and give you kisses.

I'm so angry right now I could choke all of them and their stupid dogs.

What gets me is that they told me that I needed to keep my dog in the yard because he is a pit bull and he might try to bite them.
WE HAVE A GATED YARD AND WE DON'T LET OUR DOG RUN AROUND OUTSIDE THE GATE! THEY DON'T HAVE A GATE AROUND ANY OF THEIR YARD AND THEY JUST LET THEM RUN AROUND!

If I catch that dog in my yard trying to chase my cats of kill my chickens can I kill the dog? Because I surely will.

AND WHY DID THEY COME INTO MY YARD WITH OUT MY PERMISSION?!

Some people just make me mad!

Last edited:
Cover your tush..take pics of them and their dog in your yard (if it happens again)
just in case your dog does attack their dog...they could LIE and say that your dog attacked on their property or something...
as a matter of fact..i'd call and report it ASAP...you WILL need a paper trail to protect you..
just call the police and say that you have concern...these people were on your property with their dog and you have no trespassing signs up..etc...

Last edited:
Some people are just plan ignorant. It is THEIR responsibility to keep THEIR dog in the THEIR yard, you are not responsible for THEIR dog. If it comes into YOUR yard and get's it's self into trouble that's THEIR problem. If their dog poses a threat to you, your animals, or your property, under the law you can do what is necessity to protect yourself. However, I suggest making a complaint against them with animal control, take pictures of it and/or them when in YOUR yard, and if necessary grab the dog when it's on your property and have animal come pick it up - that way they have to pay a fine to get their dog back. Thus, making them think twice before letting their dog wonder. If you do call animal control don't tell them that you are afraid your dog will hurt theirs, because they don't like to hear that.

{Edited due to my inability to spell.}

Last edited:
right..DO NOT tell anyone that you are worried about your dog attacking ANYTHING...
just tell them about them being on your property with out permission...

Last edited:
I can sympathize.

We live on a street that runs parallel to a river and we and one other family are the only year round residents, everyone else is summer/weekend. A few years back, the people kitty-corner from us partied all weekend, threw their trash in our trash bins and took wood from our forest for their bonfires. Had they asked, we would have been fine, but they didn't ...

About a year after that, some neighbor kids cut through our property trying to get to the party house, our dog Blaze cornered them. When I hollered at them to go around, they said "We can't go through Alice's yard (another neighbor), she'll call the police!" Well... duh. "You're on my land and I'm not calling the dog off until YOU get off." They did.

This last spring, Alice's idiot adult son who insists on speaking with his Tennessee drawl even though he's lived in Michigan for 35 years, spray-painted a junebush on our property because "I didn't want y'alls to cut it down." Well, now every time we come in the driveway we have to look at a 12 ft. high tree that is spray-painted bright red. He sprayed the whole darn tree!! DH is cutting it down this spring just because we don't like looking at it. This fall, Alice had the gall to tell DH that he couldn't drive the 4-wheeler on our driveway because it was relly HER driveway. Well, we got it surveyed and found out that out property line actually goes through her backyard.

My mom actually borrowed my dog this summer because of a trespassing cat that was eating birds at her feeder. She waited until the cat was in the yard, opened the sliding door very quietly while whispering to my dog "Where's the kitty? Go get the kitty." Blaze took off like a rocket after that cat, treed her and sat at the base of the tree while the cat stayed in the branches yowling. After dark, the cat's owner finally came to get her and Mom brought Blaze in. She hasn't seen that cat since, either the owner keeps the cat in or the cat is smart enough to stay out of the yard.

I would talk to your neighbors and let them know if they trespass again, you WILL be pressing charges, especially if your chickens are out when it happens

Well I'm hot headed and I don't like talking to people face to face because if they say something stupid I might get physical LOL... seriously.

They are friends with the towns cops, her only son has a dad thats sheriff.....

From my understanding her and her sons dad is divorced but I'm sure he would defend her.

I think it's a little to late to call the cops now. I guess I could tomorrow but the proof is gone now. My husband had to drive down the drive way. I'm sure it will happen again.

Ack. I feel your pain.
hmm.png
So many people have no respect for anothers property.

Back
Top Bottom