Tribute to my Mom

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by thndrdancr, Apr 19, 2008.

1. thndrdancr

thndrdancr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    Well, we are doing in home hospice for Mom. She had a stroked, was doing rehab, then caught pneumonia which brought on a heart attack. The doctor said at 82, just no way she would make thru all that.

She doesnt know she is supposed to go, and is hanging on, is just now accepting the fact the last few days. I know a lot of old timers remember seeing pics of my mom, with various chickies at times.

I will repost some pics if I may, as the nurse says its unlikely Mom will make it thru the weekend. All your prayers for a peaceful passing would be appreciated, we have been buddies so long much more than normal mom and daughter. She keeps muttering under her breathe about how she should have bought a place in the country for me so I could have chickens, since I love them so much and they have been so fun for her too. She keeps making me cry. The morphine makes her ramble a lot, but she has quit that now.

We have cried a lot of tears and had a few laughs. She does crack us up, when first home from the hospital she said she doesnt have sense enuff to kick the bucket when its right in front of her. Well, she always had a great sense of humor.

Me, mom and sis last year at my nephews graduation:

[​IMG]

She was always partial to little Dash, Dash was always shivering and mom had such warm hands, Mom was the only one that could hold her.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And my dear Fussy, the day mom went in to the hospital, she stopped laying, then went into a hard molt that I am sure was stress induced. She knew something was wrong. She just now started laying again day before yesterday, so it took her six weeks.

[​IMG]

Oh an Cyn, no Red is still around, I meant Fussy's other companion when I first bought my three. If anything happens to Red, I worry Fussy wont make it, even with all the chicken treats in the world. She really is a needy baby. The first night home from the hospital, she jumped on my shoulder, preened my hair and cooed in my ear, which she has never done before. I put her down on my arm, and she just laid her head on my shoulder. It made me just break down and cry, but usually she is so neurotic she doesnt like being hugged, but she let me hug her and she just loved on me. She is a special chicken.

2. msbliss

msbliss Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Those are the most precious pictures!

I'm sorry your mom is leaving you and it sure sounds like the chicks are gonna miss her too. The memories you shared she sure sounds like a character!!

I will be praying for a peaceful crossover for your mom, and praying for peace for you and all those left behind.[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2008
  3. Bawkadoodledoo

Bawkadoodledoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2008
    Central MA
    Your mom will always be in my thoughts.

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I know your mom is a special lady, Jill. I loved seeing the pictures of her with your chicken girls. Hugs to you and your family. [​IMG]

5. jeaucamom

jeaucamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2007
    Ophir, CA
    Losing a mom is so difficult. I lost mine two weeks after my 20th birthday. It took me many years to fully grieve. I am very sorry for your heartache. I will be praying for a peaceful passing for her and for you to find peace and comfort as you mourn. Blessings and mercy to you, Suz

6. ncgnance

ncgnance Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2007
    Iredell County, NC
    Your Mom looks like a wonderful person. I'm saying a prayer for her and you.

7. momma's chickens

momma's chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Idaho
    I am so sorry to hear about your mom. Try to hang in there and remember the good times. I am asking for comfort for you and also for your mom. The pictures are wonderful and how wonderful that she passed her love of chickens on to you. [​IMG]

8. tat2edlady

tat2edlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2008
    Hun I hope your Mom has a very peaceful passing and that you will be with her when she goes.I lost my mother at a very young age(11) and I still miss her to this day at age 38 but you will have so many good memory's of the years that you were with each other to take out from time to time and remember.Nothing in my words will take away the pain that you are in but they are just to let you know that I feel your pain..I wish there was more I can do for you but even tho I am a 100 or 1000 miles away from you I will grieve with you..

Mindy

9. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    Don't worry, God is so excited about seeing her!!!! She seems like such a wonderful person, there's something about her even in pics that makes her look great!!!! I know it's gonna be tough, I think about what it'll be like when my mom goes all the time, and I can't even imagine what you're going through. It will be tough, but she's going to a better place. I pray God will give her peace, and the knowledge that her children will be okay without her. Hang in there!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    You are in my thoughts. I don't know the pain of losing a parent, but I know it is hard. It sounds as if she has had a long and good life. I am glad you are able to have her at home and do hospice....I know having her close has to help.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by