Tried new shavings, great!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by LaurelRidgeDreams, Dec 12, 2011.

1. LaurelRidgeDreams

LaurelRidgeDreams Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2010
    Mountains of NC
    Just wanted to share.

I use "regular" pine shavings on the floor of our coops and in the horse stalls. Recently, at the Southern States store, there was a new type of shavings called America's Choice Premium Shavings. I bought a bag without paying much attention. This is not a bag of woody like pellets that expand when water is applied. These shavings are small pieces of wood about the size of cat liter. I'm using in on the poop boards and have mixed some on the floors of the coops also. What I really like about this liter is it is not dusty, at all, and the pieces sift through a cat scoop so cleaning the poop board is the easiest task ever.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  2. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    I think I have that type as well.Is the bag white with some green or red on it? The red is supposed to be less dusty. I looked yours up,not the same as what I get from AGLAND here in Ohio.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  3. LaurelRidgeDreams

LaurelRidgeDreams Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2010
    Mountains of NC
    My bag is clear with writing in black and maybe red bur it dies say America's Choice at the top of the bag.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by