Tried the yogurt on the treat chart

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by punkin, Jun 25, 2008.

1. punkin

punkin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    East Tennessee
    It's getting pretty hot here today (low 90's) so I thought I would try the yogurt suggested on the treat chart. I also mashed a little banana in the bottom. I think they liked it:thumbsup
    [​IMG]

2. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    That's a treat favorite of my flock! Also, instant oatmeal...sometimes I mix that with yogurt to cool it down before feeding, and it's a complete frenzy! [​IMG]

3. BeckyLa

BeckyLa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    N. Louisiana
    Oooo. Looks yummy! I'm glad they enjoyed it. [​IMG]

4. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Punkin, can I use that picture in the picture section of the Treats Chart?
    It's great, glad your birds liked the yogurt!

5. punkin

Jun 18, 2008
    East Tennessee
    Quote:Be my guest. (Do I need to do anything or can you copy it?) It's almost as fun as having a new baby to try things on.

6. AllChookUp

AllChookUp Will Shut Up for Chocolate

May 7, 2008
    Frozen Lake, MN
    I tried giving the chickens yogurt for the first time the other day, and they LOVED it. Now they come running to me when they see me carrying something. They must hink it's more yogurt. [​IMG]

7. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Punkin, check out the Treats Chart now. Your photo's right after Rooster-Red's yogurt pics.

Your birds are really beautiful. Stratman, how's your new chicks, and when are the first photos going to appear here?

I'm so glad for BYC. If it weren't for BYC, I'd NEVER think that yogurt would be a chicken snack!!

Last edited: Jun 25, 2008
  8. kinnip

kinnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    Mine go nutty over yoghurt. It's like they can sense it when it comes out of the fridge. Then they mug me. I've lost the better part of my breakfast two days in a row now.

9. punkin

Jun 18, 2008
    East Tennessee
    Quote:Very cool![​IMG]

10. valmom

valmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2007
    Vermont
    Our girls love yogurt- I am having to make extra (from Miss Prissy's recipe:D) just for the girls so I have some to take to work for breakfast. They look so funny with their beaks coated in white yogurt.

The other thing we learned from BYC is they go insane over spaghetti! It is hysterical to watch them grab and run away to eat the "worms" in peace and try to grab it away from the other hens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by