Tried to add something cool and the girls hate it

urbangardengirl

Chirping
Feb 15, 2021
Thousand Oaks, CA
Today I noticed one of my neighbours having a tree cut down. I joyfully walked over and asked if I could have a section of the stump to put in my coop for the girls to climb on and add a little something new to break up possible boredom.

Well, you would think I put a bag of snakes and a couple of hawks in there with them!

I was afraid for awhile they were going to hurt themselves or each other trying to fly through the hardware cloth to get out. They cower on the other end of their run and have been screaming ever since. Will see if they accept it in the morning and if not, guess I have to pull it out. Sheesh! No good deed goes unpunished.

That's so strange, how old are they? Mine (adults) are pretty accepting of new things in their coop/run. Chicks are sometimes wary of new things.
They are 2 years old. I even put their favorite treats on and around it, meal worms and spinach. I set the most inquisitive of my girls on the stump. She froze then after a bit flew off screaming. After everything I read I thought I was giving them something fun and new. Now I'm afraid I'm gonna kill 'em with stress. So weird.

They are 2 years old. I even put their favorite treats on and around it, meal worms and spinach. I set the most inquisitive of my girls on the stump. She froze then after a bit flew off screaming. After everything I read I thought I was giving them something fun and new. Now I'm afraid I'm gonna kill 'em with stress. So weird.
That is so weird! I have no idea why they're like that! Maybe it smells like raccoon or something? If you really want to keep it, I'd try putting their feeder on it.

Back
Top Bottom