Trio Black Mottled Cochins WV Ship Monday after Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Msbear, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    Im selling out of my mottleds. The pair was bred by Jamie Matts and Im adding 1 pullet from early Spring hatch. Her comb is red and she should lay anytime now. For those of you who are unfamiliar with his lines, they are extremely fluffy. So fluffy that they require either AI or a heavy trimming to obtain fertility. I used them to cross with my milles to improve type and am ready to pass them on.

The cock is maybe 2-3yrs. The hen is 2 and the pullet is 7 months or so.

I'll get some more pics of them today. Some additional pics can be viewed on my page. The hen is recovering from a hard molt so she's not her typical gorgeous self and the cock's fluff has been trimmed. These will make excellent brood stock. Jamie bred from this roo before I got him and said he was able to AI him no problem. I had problems [​IMG] I've never done it before and don't plan on trying again.

I'll have to tape two boxes together so shipping will be a bit more.

If they don't sell here, they'll go with me to the VA Breeders show over the weekend.

Be sure these are excellent quality and the birds have been handled and well-cared for so they are friendly and calm.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  2. blueoval1

blueoval1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2008
    Raleigh N.C.
    They are all black mottled right?

3. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    Hey Blueoval. Yes, they are all black mottled.

Here's a pic of the pullet to the right and the momma on the left. She is still filling back out.

[​IMG]

Another pic of momma and Monica's (my 3 yr. old named her) rear end.

[​IMG]

They have been housed with my mille roo so, if they lay, they may not be pure for another 3 wks after receiving them.

4. roostercruiser

roostercruiser Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2009
    Reelsville, IN
    These are some nice looking birds. If I was going to be out that way I would take them. Worst thing about birds is shipping costs as much as the birds.

5. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    Quote:I know, right. [​IMG]

6. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    Sold!! Thanks, guys.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by