Trio of black-tailed white Japanese bantams....Central Texas

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by mom'sfolly, Mar 31, 2009.

1. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    These guys are cute, but they are getting pushed around by my standards. I would like to sell them or trade for some silkie pullets. I'm willing to drive to meet someone, but unwilling to ship.

2. Wenzel's_Bird_Haven

Wenzel's_Bird_Haven Out Of The Brooder

Jan 9, 2009
    Plantersville, Texas
    could you post some picks please?[​IMG]

3. GracefulBantams

GracefulBantams Hatching and Showing

Oct 10, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Do you ever come up as far north as the Oklahoma border? I live in Durant, OK. [​IMG]

4. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    Sorry Graceful, that's a little far....I'm three hours south of Dallas....

Wenzel, these birds looks exactly like the ones you sold me......sorry I can't help you improve your stock. [​IMG]

They are lovely little birds, but the big ones intimidate them. The poor little guy hasn't crowed since he saw how big Big Buff is. He takes good care of his girls though. He even accompanies them to the next box.

5. Wenzel's_Bird_Haven

Wenzel's_Bird_Haven Out Of The Brooder

Jan 9, 2009
    Plantersville, Texas
    mom'sfolly :

They are lovely little birds, but the big ones intimidate them. The poor little guy hasn't crowed since he saw how big Big Buff is. He takes good care of his girls though. He even accompanies them to the next box.

Sorry to hear that, If you don't find a home for them in say a month or so, let me know and I see what I can do to help you. I am really sorry they are not working out with your standards.​

6. Denece&Lacey

Denece&Lacey Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    Alvord, Tx
    Do you come to Fort Worth area much?

7. jenjscott

jenjscott Mosquito Beach Poultry

May 24, 2008
    Southeast Arkansas
    Hi, do any of these have the short leg gene necessary for showing? I will be coming to Austin the weekend of the 18th. I will have some silkies hatching next sunday, but they would be straight run, of course. Or I could buy them, unless you want my egg eating silkie.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by