Trip to feed store leads to political arguement!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DianaMallory

Songster
8 Years
Jul 20, 2012
Lancaster Ohio
I went to the feed store the other day and got into a political discussion with the cashier. Which was pleasant and we were just talking about the issues. A man walked in I said to the cashier I better let you get back to work. And as I was leaving I said remember to vote for my candidate. (not naming names here because I don't want to argue politics here.) The man that walked in said to me You are out of your mind! I said Excuse me, He repeated you are out of your mind! Very nasty I might add. I then started to defend my choice and he argued the point. Then I brought up ( I will name names here) the past president to lay the blame on and as soon as I said the name Bush the man that had just told me I was out of my mind, stuck his fingers in his ears like a child! A grown man! I laughed all the way to voting booth and voted early!

Quote: They fight an die to protect your right to not vote an your right to protest too. They fight an die to protect our right to vote or not vote as we chose.

Besides, for every person that refuses to vote, my vote becomes that much more powerful. Remember the "get out the vote" junk is not about your rights, it is about watering down the informed voters votes with votes from people that will vote the way the media wants them too.

Last edited:
Just a thought...

Several comments have been made criticizing a stranger in the feed store for "attacking" the OP's opinion. Ones opinion cannot be attacked if it is not "put on the chopping block". Just like a revealing attire attracts attention, so does openly discussing ones views. A harlot's garb attracts attention from the slums of society just as it is noticed by upper class. Sometimes it pays to keep ones mouth shut... I remember a time when telling someone who YOU voted for was taboo, much less who THEY should vote for.

BTW, politically, the country would be a better place if voters focused less on electing smooth talking money hungry politicians (BOTH parties) and demanded LEADERS; we do this to our selves. What this country needs: morally true LEADERS! Leaders ride into battle IN FRONT of their troops, not hiding in the shadows like modern day "BINUSS-MEN" who call themselves politicians.

Off my soapbox now...:D

This ain't going to last long, and a whole bunch a members are going to be getting PMs from the forum police!

For what it's worth-- if you are going to be offended by some one's opinion, it's best not to talk about politics at all.

And I am straining, biting at the leash, but I promise not one comment yeah nay for or against, from me.

Their are people on both sides that are idiots. I find that there are fewer of them but they're the loudest.
And I see nothing wrong with telling someone how to vote and why, there's a differences between talking to someone and hounding someone.
I may not like what you're saying but I served and risked my life and would again to defend your right to say it.

pop.gif

And you want to talk about a trickle down effect. My husband received a letter from his Union Pention that he paid into for 21 years that in 4 years there would be no more funds to payout! Thank god my husband is of age to get early benefits, But at big loss! And from what I just read on the teamsters blog spot, I have Romney to thank for that too! 

Romney to thank for that? I guess Romney is the CEO that mismanaged the Union pension funds???? Everybody wants to blame somebody else for bad management. I DO feel for you and your husband's financial future, but the folks that mismanaged the pension funds also are were the ones that tell union members what to do (like when to strike) or negotiate wages with employers. Sure unions were started to combat HORRIBLE work environments, but with all state and federal regulations now in place to protect employees now, unions (like a previous poster stated) have become a corrupt middleman business that no long has the best interest of the members at stake. Union harassment and an overbearing government are two major contributors to jobs being taken overseas (both cost manufacturers dearly) and we all know the profit margin is the ultimate focus of large corporations. Modern day politics have trained the citizens of this country that desire to and hard work no longer accomplish the American Dream- instead they have made people believe that everyone is entitled to an equal share... when 'everybody gets a piece of the pie', somebody's pension or paycheck has to suffer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom