Trip to Vermont-Need Ideas!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by dblea202, Jan 16, 2013.

1. dblea202

dblea202 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2012
    Pittsburgh
    So me and my fiancee have recently decided to go to Vermont for possibly 4 days in March, does anyone that lives in Vermont or have been there have any suggestions for places to stay, things to do, places to eat? We don't want anything too crazy in price since we are both still in college...I'm planning on trying to sell some scarves, hats, blankets I have crocheted for spending money so if anyone on here wants any of those too let me know! But anyways, any ideas or suggestions would be great! We are really excited to go since we have never been there and this is our vacation for the year since we both have busy schedules in the summer! Thanks!
    [​IMG]

2. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    You can go to Ben & Jerry's. They have a nice tour. I'll ask my sister what else. She lives there.

3. sidetrack

sidetrack Out Of The Brooder

Mar 10, 2012
    Copake Falls, Ny
    I stay at a place called The Aerie Inn of vermont in East Dorset. Sweet place off the road with a big meadow in front and beautiful views of the surrounding mountains. Owned and operated by lovely people who make you feel right at home and like you are long time friends. Beautiful scenery and close to Manchester if you want to shop some outlets and cute country stores. Oh, The Vermont Country Store is not far and there is a diner that is really cool called The Dam Diner. You can google it and find the site. I highly recommend it unless you are looking for 5 star hotel accommedations.
    Rooms are clean and comfortable.

4. joanie_maine

joanie_maine Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2008
    Temple, ME
    Head to Burlington...

It's a college town, good restaurants, Lake Champlain nearby with plenty of things to see. Go to Al's Fries and get the best french fries EVER!

Might still be various maple events going on if the cold weather sticks around.

On the way up, you can stop at Ben & Jerry's in Waterbury [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by