Triple Bumblefoot?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by MarcoPollo, Jul 27, 2013.

1. MarcoPollo

MarcoPollo Songster

Nov 24, 2012
    Hot Coffee, MS
    [​IMG]

My hen has 3 of the bumble foot spots. One at the top of the picture is just starting to form, there's the obvious one in the middle, and then the one below it is in the crease of the foot. She also has another bumble spot on her other foot. I wrapped her feet after soaking them, and she does well with bandages, but I fear I must lance these things soon. Has anyone ever had to lance a foot with several of the spots? There's not much swelling so I was doing epsom salt soaks and treating with Vetericyn and wrap bandages. But the infection is inside the foot, right? Anyone ever have success with just treating the skin and bandaging the foot? There's a lot of info on here and it seems like "surgery" is inevitable. But I'm kind of scared to do that.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2013
  2. Rich386

Rich386 Songster

Jul 21, 2011
    Live Oak, FL
    Read a good article on Community Chickens

3. MarcoPollo

MarcoPollo Songster

Nov 24, 2012
    Hot Coffee, MS
    Has anyone ever dealt with more than one scab on a foot at a time? I'm not sure if I should try to get all the scabs at once or if I should try one at a time.

4. MelissaTXRn

MelissaTXRn Songster

Jun 3, 2013
    It is probably full of infection. It most likely needs to be surgically removed

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: