Triple D Hatchery

speckles

In the Brooder
10 Years
Sep 26, 2009
Petersburg Alaska
Hi,

Has any other Alaskans had any chicks shipped from Triple D?

Also can you tell me the quality of the birds?

Trying to decide whether to order in state or go thru meyer or mcmrray

Any info would be appreciated

THANKS!!!

Last edited:
Sounds like a business opportunity! Open your own hatchery in Alaska!
thumbsup.gif

I would think shipping that far would be risky or at least very expensive. How do you Alaskans usually get new chicks?

Well...

Some of the ones I have now..I bought as adults from a lady down sizing and the 4 babies I have, I bought from a family here in town that purchased them from McMurray but did not need 25 birds.

There is a hatchery in Palmer but I do not know the hatchery so I am trying to get some more info. I would like to order about 20 more come spring.

We have gotten chicks from Triple D and had no problems. But this was years ago and we lived in Wasilla (they weren't shipped to us). Good Luck.

I had an opportunity to talk with the owner a couple of weeks ago and was rather impressed with his opperation. He orders in about 3400 birds every week or so starting March 1st. With that kind of body warmth and number of birds he gets birds in good condition as well as good handling by shipping companies. I am planning on hatching out some shipped eggs in the spring as well as filling in with birds I get from him.

As far as I know, he's the only one that will ship that's here in AK. I'd have to drive to Anchorage to ship, and it's just a little too far. My understanding was that he ships in chicks, and double-shipping just seems like it would be really hard on them.

Back
Top Bottom