TROPICAL STORM FAYE MOVING TOWARDS LOUISIANA

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by cajunlizz, Aug 23, 2008.

1. cajunlizz

cajunlizz Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2008
    Lafayette, Louisiana
  2. dixiechick

dixiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Hey Liz!
    Yep, Fay is crushing us here with wind and rain!!!! (Cross City, Florida) This is Day 2--all by chickens are safe and dry (not happy) to be in the garage in small cages---get ready, we're getting 1 in of rain per hour....the wind IS doing some good....it's blowing down all the political signs! [​IMG]

3. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Living in Montana most of my life I have never experienced any thing like that. All I know is what I see on the news. It looks very threatening. All of you will be in my thoughts and prayers!

4. cajunlizz

Apr 27, 2008
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Quote:yes , I have the PC with all the hurricane sites and weather channel on 24/7 .

ONLY good thing its NOT a hurricane .

I remember in 2003 we had tropical storm Isadore that dump alot of rain on us ( Lafayette, La. ) and 5 days later we got hit by Hurricane Lili . and OMG that was a horrible situation being we were floating from Isadore . ONLY thing that saved us was when hurricane Lili came t the coastline , it hit all that rain water from Isadore and caused it to drop from a Cat 3 down to a strong 1 . needless to say , our chicken can go inside their coop which is 2 ft. off the ground . BUT bad thing is , we got a hen that is sitting on eggs and due to hatch Tuesday !!!!!!!!!!! .

5. dixiechick

dixiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Bless her heart! And you are right....thank God it's not a hurricane....of course, my kids are loving splashing in all the water outside (and it is EVERYWHERE!!!) We are having to drain the pool every several hours. DH just checked a bucket that he put out last night...so far we have 10 1/2 inches of rain!!! We still have phones and lites...no city water (ironic, isn't it?) We have a well and pump ready.....

2003 WAS a bad year. We were building this house during that time and were in a losing race to get it dried in....I think we were hit with 5 hurricanes that summer....We'd have been better to build a house-boat!

I'll run out and take pix for you....

6. cajunlizz

Apr 27, 2008
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Quote:Take some good advice , do not let those kids play in that flood waters ...... polluted waters are bad and dangerous ..... NOT healthy .... Sister in law caught spinal menengitis from flood waters

7. Bi0sC0mp

Bi0sC0mp Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    Raiford,FLA
    It hit us hard yesterday here in north fla hard winds rained like crazy flooding tress blowing over was mess lost power for like 12 hours.. but my chickens are all good.. its clearing up real nice today..

Last edited: Aug 23, 2008
  8. LynneP

LynneP Chillin' With My Peeps

Take care, please. We've been through Hurricane Juan, the 'White Juan' winter storm, and TS Noel. All hit our part of the province, hard. Be sure you have what you need to get through a few days and keep your livestock high and dry![​IMG]

9. cajunlizz

Apr 27, 2008
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Oh yes . thank you for your prayers and concern .

I have lived in Louisiana all my life and I have been thru many .

When June 1st. hits we prepare our survival stock .

Lived thru some of the worse .

10. southernhen

southernhen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2008
    Port St. Joe, Florida
    Live in panhandle of florida, getting slapped with Fay now....should get the worse this afternoon and tonight...chickens and turkeys not happy...ducks very happy....until this afternoon gets here of coarse!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by