Trouble at 7L

7L Farm

Songster
9 Years
Jul 22, 2010
Anderson, Texas
Yup!! I've been cruising here at the farm crossing my t's dotting my eyes its been fantastic till this morning. I head to the coop at exactly 9 bells that's when I let the flock out I figure the predators are gone by then. I notice the tops off the trash can which is full of BOSS. The chickens are all around the can eating BOSS. I'm thinking to myself you idiot you forgot to shut it . Holy crap big mistake. I look on the ground for prints yup Mr coon was in the can gorging himself on the over priced seeds. I'm thinking he will be back tonight looking for a hand out. Darn coons they are nothing but bank robbers they wear a mask just like a bank robber. I then look over at my idol trap that should of been set but wasn't. Guess tonight the trap will be set. Get my gloves on & one can of sardines should do the trick. I'm gonna open the sardines put the can under the trap anchor the trap down with tent stakes & catch the varmint. I will relocate yup thats right relocate. I'm thinking mustard greens, potatoes, & BBQ'd coon. Why not!!

Coon is tasty cooked right and BOSS is running about a dollar a pound these days.... Good hunting
cool.png

Quote:
Hey, I may get there first and eat it!

Bring it!!! Here was dinner a few nights ago. I can BBQ.
63768_texas_flag_003.jpg
Everything on the pit was harvested here on the farm. We smoked a wild hog I caught & fattened up for Independence day. It was MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM good.

Here was our solution for Mr Coon:

We keep our feed in metal trash cans. One for scratch, one for layer feed, etc, etc. We had nightly visitors and since they couldn't get in to the coop they decided to raid the cans.

I took glass soda bottles and put the cans on top of them. I then wired the can handles together. Wet the ground around and under the cans and attached the last handle to the fence charger.

That night around 10:30 we heard a loud clatter of trash can lids, followed by a loud scream. By the time I got to the backdoor all I could hear was sticks breaking in the woods as Mr Coon hightailed it out of town.

We didn't see another coon for a year. Repeat the above, problem solved. Works for garbage cans too!

Quote:
Hey, I may get there first and eat it!

Bring it!!! Here was dinner a few nights ago. I can BBQ. Everything on the pit was harvested here on the farm. We smoked a wild hog I caught & fattened up for Independence day. It was MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM good.

Now that looks good!

Speaking of coons and feed. On my new coop I made a feed box made of 3/4 plywood with a lock. Can or will a coon get through the plywood to the feed? Mercy, do I need a metal liner?

Back
Top Bottom