1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Trouble child and teacher at my daughter's school

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by StrawberryHouseMouse, May 10, 2009.

1. StrawberryHouseMouse

StrawberryHouseMouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2009
    Cleveland, Tennessee
    I am so glad the school year is coming to an end and my daughter (7 years old) Jade will be going to another grade with different teachers in August. This year has been horrific for me and her Im sure. She has a weak bladder and some times has accidents. Because of this she has to go to the bathroom right at the momment she feels she needs to go. And her teacher knows this. But I have to send an extra change of clothes with her every day cause her teacher refusses to let her use the bathroom when ever she needs to go. Obviously her teacher has just certain times of the day she will let students go. They are not allowed to go during any other time. Unfortuantly for my daughter that means she has to try to hold it. Which she can not. And ends up peeing herself. Twice this year she has also accidently used #2 on herself cause of this teacher's crap. Ive wrote letters to the teacher and tried to explain to her over and over that its important that my daughter gets to go when ever she needs too. Its embarassing for her to have accidents. And kids are not that kind either.

Then to make matters worse there is this little boy that she goes to school with, who is a satin incarnat! She comes home some times with bruises and stuff. And the little boy cusses all the time and gets sent to the office almost every day according to my daughter. She has told me some horrible things that he has said to her and other students. Why do schools let parents raise kids this way? Why dont they do something about it? If someone is not making a kid behave or if a kid is learning horrible things from home, then why are the parents not held responcible? I really feel fustrated with my school and Im about ready to relocate her all together if this does not stop.

2. SpringChickens

SpringChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2009
    College Station, Tx
    That's not good! Can your daughter use the restroom EVERY time there is a break, whether or not she needs to go? Also, there are some good medications on the market to help with bedwetters; something like that might help her too?

3. LA~Poulet

LA~Poulet Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2009
    near Lake Charles, LA
    I'm so sorry she's going through that at school-how awful.

Does the school not have any no-bullying policy? If you are finding bruises, I would think they should pay better attention or eliminate the problem somehow.

About bathroom breaks, could you perhaps get a doctor's excuse for your DD? Has she been checked for UTIs as being a possible underlying cause?

4. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

OMG!
    Not letting your dtr use the restroom has got to be abuse. Go to the school board and police.

Imp/Russ

5. zatsdeb

zatsdeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2007
    Lincoln, Illinois
    Last edited: May 10, 2009
  6. farrier!

farrier! Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    I agree that keeping your daughter from going to the bathroom when needing to is abuse. A statement from your Dr should have been all you needed.
    I would have gone and sat through her class for a number of days. Then you could see exactly what is going on.
    I will also say that after seeing how little real school work or teaching is done during school hours I decided homeschooling was the way for us to go.
    Most time is used setting up, collecting, explaining where to go then actual "work".

7. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    My daughter had an impacted bowel when she was young. As a result she is on medication which still at the start of first grade made her get leaks and the runs.

I took a doctor's note to the school and requested a meeting with the school nurse. We talked about all of her medical issues (this meant that my dd not only could leave when she felt she needed, but could leave to use the nurse's bathroom.) This goes to meeting a child's medical needs, it is the law.

Anyone who teaches first grade (She's 7 right?) should be completely aware of their still developing abilities!

As for the bullying, same as the other poster: I would be in touch with the school. When it happened to my daughter I spoke to the school counselor first. I was non-confrontational aware of how the school cannot control how people raise their kids even if they are raising bullies, they can only control the behavior of the child while they are at school. But, that means someone has to tell them there is a problem.

When you are talking to the school counselor make certain to tell her about how your daughter was treated by this teacher. The school also needs to know the teacher seems to show some poor judgement....

Good luck!!!

8. Chicks_N_Horses

Chicks_N_Horses Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    South Alabama
    My daughter has had kidney troubles and I had requested that she be allowed to go to the bathroom whenever she needs to but the teachers apparently only let them go when they feel it is time to go. You can't control your bladder so that rule is nuts IMO but anywho...I had to go to our pediatrician and get her to write the school a note telling them to make sure this child gets to go to the bathroom at the moment she needs to.

Sorry you are going through this and your daughter. Hopefully next year will be better for you guys [​IMG]

9. domino7

domino7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2009
    N.E. Ohio
    It seems like one of the most basic human rights, to go when you need to. You shouldn't need a note from your doctor imo.

10. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Quote:You are so right! For an adult in a position of power over a 7yo. To force a child to urinate and defecate in public in front of her classmates is an act of sadism. It is sadistic with or without a medical condition.
    And this directly relates to the bullying.
    I will change my thoughts though. First contact a lawyer!

Imp- really annoyed

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by