Trouble-maker brother and incubator... Help!!!! :(

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by 77horses, Sep 20, 2009.

1. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    So my younger brother has hermit crabs and his heating pad just recently broke or something. I'm testing my homemade incubator, getting it ready for putting my eggs in it, and he says he wants to use my light that I have in there. I wish I could but I can't. [​IMG] He's all mad now and says that I'm selfish and don't care about his hermit crabs. [​IMG] Now he says he's going to shut off the incubator while my eggs are in it when I'm not there! [​IMG] And I've learned from experience that he will do it; now I have to guard my room and the bator. [​IMG]

Just today I was putting the bator together and it was in our garage. He told me to move it or he would throw it away. So i told him I would, got busy with something else, and when I went outside, the incubator was tipped over in our drive way! [​IMG]

Any thoughts??? [​IMG] When I was incubating parakeet eggs he actually did shut off the light during the night when I was sleeping.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2009
  2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Tell your parents. Let them tell him what his punishment will be if he does it..

3. Crusty McPottydoodle

Crusty McPottydoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2009
    The Wet Coast
    Have you brought this up with your parents?

I generally tried to stay out of disputes between my children, but you both have living beings at risk and I think this is a time for parental intervention.

Good luck.

4. 77horses

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    Quote:Yea. but my mom isn't really into chickens and stuff. she didn't really say anything to him at all. [​IMG]

5. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:Yea. but my mom isn't really into chickens and stuff. she didn't really say anything to him at all. [​IMG]

Well..CAn you explain to her that its REALLY important to you that he dosent harm your eggs...
    Ask her if you can talk to her about something important to you..I'm sure she'll sit down and listen to you..

6. Whitehouse Quail

Whitehouse Quail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    Michigan
    If I were you, and I've had my share of nasty brothers, put a lock on your room's door. Or, next time he does that, steal his hermit crab. You never know, it may shut him up. (In a good way. [​IMG])

7. 77horses

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    Quote:Sadly, my door doesn't lock. And I don't want to steal one of his hermit crabs; what did the hermit crab do to me? It's not his fault he has a bossy owner. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by