1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

trouble sexing chicks 2 weeks old

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by brandy21410, Feb 26, 2016.

1. brandy21410

brandy21410 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG][/IMG][/IMG]
    this one is an albino (supposedly) Americana chick. I think she is a pullet but idk any body think they know?
    [​IMG]

2. BoomChickaPop

BoomChickaPop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2016
    Relaxing with my Buns
    Looks like a hen to me

1 person likes this.
  3. keesmom

keesmom Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    MA
    This chick is NOT an albino. Albinos have red eyes. It will be white, possibly an Easter Egger, and too young to sex at this point.

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Too early to sex--and that chick is not albino. First, the leg color should be white (they are green) and second, eyes should be a reddish color (they're brown).

5. brandy21410

Really? that would be awesome I have always wanted an easter egger, the people at the feed store told me it was albino when I got it, it was the only white one in the whole bunch, it always amazes me how little information the people that work at the feed store know. but thank you for the info it is greatly appreciated

6. brandy21410

Thank you so much for the info, do you think this is even an ameraucana ??

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by