Trouble with BYC pages loading

azygous

Addict
Premium Feather Member
14 Years
Dec 11, 2009
Colorado Rockies
Is it just my computer or are others experiencing this? This has been going on for a week now. A page partially loads, then sits there half blank, seeming to take forever to completely load.

I haven't been having trouble, and I don't see any recent complaints here. We recommend that you go through the steps in the troubleshooting thread, linked in my signature line.

I'm also having trouble. It's taking much longer to load and I'm having trouble scrolling the page. I'm on a Mac using Firefox, which is what I always use and is usually fast & issue free. I keep getting the spinning rainbow circle, which will only make sense to Mac users. Using Safari, I don't have the same issue. I'm not having the same problems on other forums or Facebook with Firefox.

I tried deleting my cookies. Not computer savvy enough to know what's up.

I'm on a Mac, too, and I usually use Safari for BYC since it works better than Firefox with all the add-ons.

I'm very impressed with the management of this website. It's huge and intricate, and I wouldn't be surprised if a bug got into something here. But I have all the faith that it'll be tracked down and vanquished.

Thanks for the posts! We're looking into this, but haven't found a bug yet.

If you're experiencing this problem, we need to know

• Which browser and version are you using (eg., Firefox 3.5.9, Internet Explorer 7, etc.)
  • Have you tried disabling all your browser plugins and/or extensions? (Some of these conflict with website features and tools)
  • Have you deleted your internet cache / browser history of files and tried again?
  • Have you tried a different browser (we suggest Google Chrome or Firefox)?

Note: when we people to "try another browser" it isn't meant to say, "permanently change browsers" (unless you're on IE). Instead we mean: "Try a different browser for a moment to help isolate if the problem is with your browser or your computer or your account or something else." It's just part of the process of determining the exact cause of the problem so we can then try to fix it.

Still having trouble loading pages. I use Firefox and Safari browsers. Most of the time I use Safari for BYC. The trouble happens when I use Safari. I emptied my browser cache but that did nothing to improve the problem.

Thanks for reporting!

@jerryse which browser and version are you using?

For anyone having this problem, here's what we need:

Please see the information here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/troubleshooting-byc-problems-bugs-error-messages-other-issues
If none of those things help, please come back to this post and reply with all the information requested in that thread, especially:

1) Which browser and version are you using (eg., Firefox 3.5.9, Internet Explorer 7, etc.)
2) Have you deleted your internet cache / browser history of files and tried again?
3) Have you tried a different browser (we suggest Google Chrome or Firefox)?

Back
Top Bottom