Trouble With Humidity

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ktown55, Dec 12, 2009.

1. ktown55

ktown55 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 24, 2009
    East Tenn..
    Hello Everyone....I Went Into Lockdown, And I Had Two Chicks Hatch Early....But Though Out Lockdown, My Humidity Was Good...It's Was When, Or Should I Say After They Hatched That My Humidity Went Out the Roof.....I Have Four More Eggs That Need To Hatch..So What Do I Do??? Please Help.....Thanks [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. joebryant

joebryant Overrun With Chickens

Quote:I just finished hatching 18 of 27 eggs in a "self-regulating" Genesis 1588. During lockdown, especially once hatching began, my humidity was jumping all over the place. Fortunately I had good advice given me to not interfere, so I didn't and it worked out great, i.e., humidity of 60%-70% is not written on stone.

3. ktown55

ktown55 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 24, 2009
    East Tenn..
    Quote:I just finished hatching 18 of 27 eggs in a "self-regulating" Genesis 1588. During lockdown, especially once hatching began, my humidity was jumping all over the place. Fortunately I had good advice given me to not interfere, so I didn't and it worked out great, i.e., humidity of 60%-70% is not written on stone.

Thank You For The Info....I Just Went And Checked It And I Got It to come Down Alittle....It's About 85% Now...It Was Up In the 90% Range.......Thanks Again....Ktown

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by