Truck problems, warranties and credit.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Bettacreek, May 11, 2010.

1. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Well, a few months ago, the BF decided to trade his truck in on a new one. They gave him a whopping 3 month warranty on it. A few weeks into the new truck, it was making funky noises in the rearend. He called them up and they said that it was just traction control, that it didn't need to go in. This was the actual Nissan company that said this. NOW, the warranty is up and it just started leaking fluids out the back wheels. He took it to a mechanic who said that the rear-end was going out, and that those noises were NOT traction control. So, he's taking it in now to see if they'll do anything about it, since it DID happen while it was still under warranty. Unfortunately, if they don't cover it, it's not going to get fixed any time soon, because we can't afford it.

2. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

[​IMG] It is always something - isn't it [​IMG]

3. Bettacreek

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Lol, yup. And, they're not going to cover it. They originally said $350 in labor alone (then $200 something for parts), now they're saying that it's going to be much more than $350 in labor. I told him over and over again not to get this truck, to try for a used truck from an INDIVIDUAL and the excess $10k or so that we would have saved could have been used for "warranties". [​IMG]

4. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Find the date you called them, it was within the warranty period and they were aware of it and by law should cover it. Threaten to use the "Lemon Law" and to call a lawyer if you don't mean it. Stand your ground. Call you local news channel and see if they have something like we do here where a crew goes and investigates why they would have told you this instead of telling you to bring it in and check it and now they won't cover it. That always gets attention they don't want.

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Kate is right, if you can prove you called the dealer before the warranty was over, they have to uphold the warranty.

6. Bettacreek

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    How would we go about proving it? Can you just call up your phone company and ask for records?

7. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Call the phone company and give them a time range and tell them you need an itemized list of calls for that time frame.

8. Bettacreek

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Awesome! Thank you! I hadn't even thought about it, I figured we were just plain screwed. Thanks a million!

9. Spookwriter

Spookwriter Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Ohio
    My ATT cell phone records are online. I don't know how far back they go.

I don't know as I've ever seen a record of my home phone lines except for
    long distance.

10. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    My Qwest calls are online too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by