1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

True Ameraucana cockerels--FREE--Oregon

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by bananabean, Nov 4, 2009.

1. bananabean

bananabean New Egg

Jun 29, 2009
    I have a group of 14-week-old true Ameraucana cockerels that need a new home. They are free to anybody who can pick them up in Portland, OR--no shipping. These boys are from blue/black/splash eggs I ordered this summer from a BYC member for my broody hen (who turned out to be an excellent mama).

The Ameraucanas are: one dark blue, one medium blue, and one black. In addition, I have an all-white Easter Egger who was hatched with them, but came from a different batch of eggs. They are all sweet and used to being handled.

All four came from nice blue eggs--I saved them and would be happy to show you. As I understand it, the blue-egg gene is dominant, which means that any daughters these fellas have will be colored-egg-layers. If you want to create your own line of Easter Eggers, you could breed one of these purebreds to any hen.

Black:
    [​IMG]

Dark blue:
    [​IMG]

Med blue:
    [​IMG]

White EE:
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by