1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

True Ameraucana Roo + Buff Orp......?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Bedste, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Bedste

Bedste Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    Cut n Shoot Texas
    What kind of chicks should I expect if the Roo is a Wheaten Ameraucana and the hens are BO and RIR?

What kind of chicks should I expect if the hens are BA?

2. Hollywood Chickens

Hollywood Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    Florida
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2009
  3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I have a BW Ameraucana roo in with a buff orp right now, but he seems very disinterested in her right now and her eggs are not fertile. I think it would make for some lovely EEs.

4. Bedste

Bedste Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    Cut n Shoot Texas
    O thank you.. I bookmarked it... what a great tool.. I might be able to figure it out after another cup of coffee..

Wheaten Ameraucana are red amd grey and green and brown....... He is gonna be so pretty when he finishes growing up. He is my future main roo and I have a mixed flock. I was wondering if all the next generation will end up being EE or just fuzzy mutts. I know the WA eggs will be purebred WA if he is the only roo... but curious about the rest of the flock. What makes a true EE?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by