True Araucana, Araucana mix, or what?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ChickPooh, Oct 30, 2013.

1. ChickPooh

ChickPooh Out Of The Brooder

Oct 6, 2013
    Got this girl at the auction last week and was wondering what breed she is. She doesn't have ear muffs or beard, but she is rumpless.
    Suggestions?

[​IMG]

2. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Not an araucana. (they dont have beards btw), wrong comb, suppose to have tufts but sime dont. She looks just like a black sex link. I really think she is just molting and lost her tail feather, wait and see if they start to grow back

3. brahmabreeder

brahmabreeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2012
    Northeast Ohio
    x2

4. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    O and did you just throw her in with your other chickens? That is not a good idea, you always quarientiene new birds for at least a month. Especially coming form an auction, they are exposed to all kinds of bacteria and disease

5. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    I'll bet she's not truly rumpless, if you feel down there I'll bet she has a tail bone and has just lost feathers. Rumpless birds have a body shape to go with the no rump, and she doesn't look like that.

6. ChickPooh

ChickPooh Out Of The Brooder

Oct 6, 2013
    Thanks for all the replies.

She's not with the other ones. I have a quarantine pen and she's in there with the other hens I bought at the auction.

She does have a little "stub" and looks like a bit of a "naked butt", so my guess is that you are all correct! :)

Thanks again...

7. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    X3

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by