True BLRW? *PIC*

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Leah and peeps, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Leah and peeps

Leah and peeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2009
    Canada
    Hello,

This is Lacey. She is supposed to be a BLRW. I took this pic in the summer when she was only a few months. Her pattern has not changed but she has gotten larger and fuller. The thing is that her pattern is very "messed up". Is there a reason for this?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    she could be a silver laced crossed with a blue laced red. I forget which it is if the roo is the silver laced or the blrw, but one cross will give incomplete lacing, which may be what you have. it mated back with a blrw, it should improve your lacing.

3. acid_chipmunk

acid_chipmunk Polish Silkies d'Uccles O my!

Mar 29, 2010
    She is a splash BLRW with very bad lacing.

4. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas
    she could be a silver laced crossed with a blue laced red. I forget which it is if the roo is the silver laced or the blrw, but one cross will give incomplete lacing, which may be what you have. it mated back with a blrw, it should improve your lacing.

Two laced should give you complete laced, unless of course the parents weren'y complete laced then she could be incomplete laced.​

5. HBuehler

HBuehler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2009
    Lebanon TN
    She is BLRW hatchery type quality.She's a splash with poor color and horrible lacing which you already picked up on:) I would suggest not breeding her to raise anything BLRW you won't get to where you need to be with her but she will still be a nice egg layer.
    This is a color still needing lots of work so it takes lots and lots of chicks from high quality stock to get a few real nice birds

6. Leah and peeps

Jun 28, 2009
    Canada
    Thanks everyone for your input! [​IMG] I didnt plan on breeding her anyways so no worries there, i just can't wait for those yummy eggs [​IMG]

7. Leah and peeps

Jun 28, 2009
    Canada
    Wait.. I am wondering if she is really a girl. Today i saw her almost lie/jump right onto one of my RSL. But the RSL pushed her off. Is it trying to mate with her?? [​IMG] or do i have nothing to worry about? I will have to get some more recent pics and post them.

8. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Quote:Agreed, HE is a poorly laced splash laced red. [​IMG]

9. jeslewmazer

jeslewmazer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2009
    Mississippi
    Do you have an updated picture? From the pics already posted and were you said
    Quote:I would say the she is a rooster.

10. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    I agree. It's a roo.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by