True Dabbling Ducks...my ducks having a great time :)

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by newchickmom09, Jan 12, 2010.

1. newchickmom09

newchickmom09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2009
    ARIZONA
    We have an apricot tree with rocks around the truck to hold the water when we water the tree. Since Cocoa and Ebony got big enough to free range they have loved it when we water the tree. All of the leaves fell off of the tree about a month ago and normaly I would have been out there raking them up but Cocoa and Ebony just love to shift threw them and love dabbling threw them in the water when we water the apricot tree. There is about an inch to and inch and a half of leaves on top of the ground plus at least 3 inches of water. It looks so gross but they love it. Friends come over and ask why I haven't cleaned up all of the leaves yet and I tell them because my ducks would be borded this winter without them. [​IMG]
    Here they are in ducky heaven doing there favorite thing.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I never new that we had huge grubs around the trees roots until the first time we let the ducks do this. Well, I am sure now the grub population is down now. [​IMG]
    I tried to take a picture of there stopping thing they do but I just can't get a picture that has the full effect.

Edited: the old title made it sound like my ducks had died. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  2. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

They are having so much fun!

3. 1lpoock

1lpoock Spruce Creek Waterfowl

Apr 20, 2009
    Sandusky, Ohio
    I love the sound they make when they are doing that!

4. keeperofthehearth

keeperofthehearth Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] What we do & put up with to keep our duckies & other critters happy. [​IMG]

5. newchickmom09

Jul 15, 2009
    ARIZONA
    Quote:No kidding! [​IMG]

6. newchickmom09

Jul 15, 2009
    ARIZONA
    Any body else have pictures of there dabbling ducks. Would love to see them [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by