1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

True Grit = Awesome movie, & awesome music!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gogoalie, Jun 15, 2011.

1. gogoalie

gogoalie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2010
    Alaska

Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  2. gogoalie

gogoalie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2010
    Alaska
    Just watched the movie, for the 3rd time since downloadin' it, & will watch it again, 2night...AWESOME MOVIE!!!

3. sheaviance1

sheaviance1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2010
    Tennessee
    I've been wanting to see this one too.

4. Hoss1975

Hoss1975 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2011
    north central Indiana
    Yes excellent movie!

5. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    [​IMG] Just my opinion, but have you seen the first one? That was the good one.

6. Hoss1975

Hoss1975 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2011
    north central Indiana
    Quote:Yes i have seen the original one with John wayne as Rooster cogburn,but i still think the new one is better.

7. adyhart1

adyhart1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2010
    Waco, TX
    so funny that i watched this movie last night. But i watched the first one and in my opinion its WAY better. John Wayne made that movie! Even if its an oldie i love it! My favorite part is when he "serves" the rat papers!!! Hilarious... such a shame John Wayne isn't around anymore what a classy man.

8. drdoolittle

drdoolittle Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2010
    NE Indiana
    I have seen both, and I have to agree with turney31----the first one is better. It's not just that John Wayne is in it, but I liked the girl in the first one more. To each his own.

9. seabreeze

seabreeze Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2010
    Scio, OR
    Well my opinion of John Wayne lessened considerably when he commented to a magazine during an interview that he thought horses were stupid. He wasn't that good an actor either. I think the original True Grit was defined by Hepburn, not Wayne.

I just watched the second one and found it quite entertaining with a much better Cogburn actor BUT giving credit towards Wayne's notorious *gruffness*, he did set a trend for all Cogburns following and it was well followed.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  10. KenK

KenK Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2011
    Georgia
    Quote:I think you have your John Wayne movies confused.
    I liked both but thought the new one was better.

Thought it was hilarious that Matt Damon seemed to be channeling Glen Campbell as he played La Bouef.
    The girl that played Mattie in the new one was great, stole the show, IMO.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by