TrueGreen

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by JakRat, Sep 29, 2011.

1. JakRat

JakRat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Dover
    Has anyone ever had any issues with Truegreen and their chickens?

2. RedDrgn

RedDrgn Anachronistic Anomaly

May 11, 2011
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    You mean the lawncare stuff? If so, can't say that I have as I don't use/deal with it, but if you're concerned you should talk to whomever applied it/is going to apply it as well as the manufacturer to get recommendations for how long you may have to keep animals off of treated areas. I'd probably add at least a week to whatever they say, but that's just me.

3. JakRat

Apr 22, 2009
    Dover
    Yeah they say just a little bit. It is just like nitrogen granules or something, but I didnt know they came and my girls are running around... they usually go back in when I have seeds, but I dont want to toss them out for them to eat and accidentally get the nitrogen stuff! blah... I have never had any issues before with it, but I was just curious. They stick to the trees and mulch usually anyways (truegreen usually doesnt hit those areas) so hopefully they will be ok.

4. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Google "truegreen msds" and read what it says...it'll help you make a decision. I wouldnt let my chickens on a lawn treated with it.

5. JakRat

Apr 22, 2009
    Dover
    well I was just now able to get them back in the coop. They seem fine for now.

6. Achickenwrangler#1

Achickenwrangler#1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2011
    west virginia
    If it tastes nasty they won't eat very much of it,but you know chickens, can eat the stupidest things

7. JakRat

Apr 22, 2009
    Dover
    Achickenwrangler#1 :

If it tastes nasty they won't eat very much of it,but you know chickens, can eat the stupidest things

lol I know right. They are still little and I havent caught them eating the usually stupid things... sigh...​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by