truely disappointing (Copyright)

Did you contact the owner of the site ? One thing you should always do when you put any pics on the web is include a watermark.. Its terrible that someone couldnt take the time to take pics themselves.. Sad....

I contacted them, and contacted their host provider. We will see what happens. I am working on watermarking all the photographs, but they can still copy my work.

which pictures have they stole from you??
rant.gif

Sounds like true laziness on their part.

Why can't they go out and take their own photos? Pathetic.

I would take it also as a type of compliment. Usually if people copy you, they actually admire what you have done, but its still wrong.

I would learn from it and watermark all your great photos from now on.

And I would keep complaining to the site and even the person that posted them.

Also just looked at that site. Its Australian and your in the US. I am not sure how different copyright laws work between two different countries, maybe thats why they picked on.

One of their stores are not that far from me, so next time I swing that way will pop in and make a complaint as a fellow BYC Forum PEEP!

Maybe I could show them some muscle and poke them in the eye - naaaa just wanted to cheer you up.

Last edited:
I know that business. They're not too far away from me, and I've actually bought some stuff through them.

I'm a photographer and have to deal with a LOT of copyright infringements. Most people just don't understand copyright law... which is fair enough. But when people think that just because something's on the internet means that it's a free for all, that really annoys me.

Here's an idea for the images. If they're hotlinking to your photos just change them on your server to a really offensive photo and I'm sure they'll change the links pretty quickly!!
I've done this to people before that are hotlinking to my photos and the links were gone in a couple of days.
smile.png

If they've copied and reuploaded your photos just keep emailing them a few times. The lady's name is Ingrid.. I'm not sure if that's listed on the website.

I think they only get back from holidays on the 11th as well. Most small business here have been shut down since christmas.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom