Trumbull County Ohio

Aleelupton

Songster
Jul 3, 2018
Warren, Ohio
Hi all! Are there any chicken keepers in this part of NE Ohio? I live in Warren. Our laws are extremely vague on the allowance of chickens within city limits. Neighboring counties allow them, but there seems to be no definite answer for Trumbull county.

Hi all! Are there any chicken keepers in this part of NE Ohio? I live in Warren. Our laws are extremely vague on the allowance of chickens within city limits. Neighboring counties allow them, but there seems to be no definite answer for Trumbull county.

We used to live in Champion. We have since moved to SW Ohio, but have family in Warren.

Here is the page with a link to codified ordinances for Warren:
http://warren.org/city_officials/city_council/city_ordinances

Here is the wording about animals:

505.14 PROHIBITING THE KEEPING OR HARBORING OF CERTAIN ANIMALS WITHIN THE CITY.
No person shall own, keep or harbor any of the following enumerated animals at any premises or on any property within the corporate limits of the City: cattle, sheep, mules, goats, pigs, hogs, poultry, wolves, wolf dogs, timber shephards or wolf mixed breeds.
(Ord. 11647/03. Passed 1-8-03.)​

So unfortunately it sounds like you can't have chickens in the city limits unless you could get some kind of variance or work toward changing the ordinance.

We used to live in Champion. We have since moved to SW Ohio, but have family in Warren.

Here is the page with a link to codified ordinances for Warren:
http://warren.org/city_officials/city_council/city_ordinances

Here is the wording about animals:

505.14 PROHIBITING THE KEEPING OR HARBORING OF CERTAIN ANIMALS WITHIN THE CITY.
No person shall own, keep or harbor any of the following enumerated animals at any premises or on any property within the corporate limits of the City: cattle, sheep, mules, goats, pigs, hogs, poultry, wolves, wolf dogs, timber shephards or wolf mixed breeds.
(Ord. 11647/03. Passed 1-8-03.)​

So unfortunately it sounds like you can't have chickens in the city limits unless you could get some kind of variance or work toward changing the ordinance.
Thank you so much for the link! Everytime I would search poultry it would only come up with the coloring of rabbits and poultry or sale of poultry.

I live in Leavittsburg just outside of Warren, call the councilman for your ward and have him find out for you! Quite a few people out here and beyond in the county have them.

How far
Away from neighbors house do the chickens have to be?

How far

Away from neighbors house do the chickens have to be?
I don't mind them so much but I think they have a rooster and their barn is even with my daughters bedroom window and I think they are to close to our property line and to our house.

Back
Top Bottom