truth or fiction???

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by ZykloniaDark-GothikRanchr, Jun 9, 2008.

1. ZykloniaDark-GothikRanchr

ZykloniaDark-GothikRanchr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2008
    Saint Cloud Florida
    I heard you have to get your goats tested for TB before you milk them...is this true??? I never heard this, someone in my area said it to my hubby, and he told me. [​IMG]

2. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    [​IMG] Err...I've not heard it.

3. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* We heard the same blurb, Z. Not packing enough info into the story here, though. I don't think there was even 7 seconds on it.

4. Chatychick

Chatychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2007
    Blue Mound, Kansas
    I believe it all stems back to giving raw milk to babies. I had a nurse tell my DIL not to give the raw milk to my G'kids as its not good for them...Ha ...they are doing much better on raw milk than store bought milk and wouldnt change it at all. Yes you can have them tested and they will tell you to pasturize it also...go to and check this site out.... www.realmilk.com and read what they have to say about it...the large dairies want you to only buy their products and not use your own. Well you will be surprised at what you will read about milk on there and it will make you a believer. I hope this helps..

5. ZykloniaDark-GothikRanchr

Mar 7, 2008
    Saint Cloud Florida
    thanx! it did. I never listen to others, and generally do my own thing, and I thought the idea of my goats being infected with tuberculosis, and me having to worry about catching it from their milk, and not from giving them kisses, and having them slobber on me, was kinda silly.
    I just wanted to run it by some of you who might be a bit more aware of these things than myself!! I agree that daries want you to buy their goods only- heck, my eggs go from the chickens bum to my skillet! I saw "pasteurized" eggs yesterday and I laughed. Well thanx for letting me know!

6. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    Did you know that you can pasteurize your own eggs!

Ok, pick up an egg in your right hand (or left hand) and raise it to your eye level. Now, slowly move the egg from one side of your body to the other watching it while you move it.

There you go: you egg has now been "past - your - eyes". [​IMG]

Sorry, I'm from a bunch of dairy farmers ... we have a weird sense of humor.

7. ZykloniaDark-GothikRanchr

Mar 7, 2008
    Saint Cloud Florida
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

that is about the only way I do it!! That was too much, thanx for the laugh!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by