chicken delighted

Songster
8 Years
Mar 26, 2011
mesick,michigan
D.gif
i am going to do this agian
fl.gif
, i just lost a hatch i belive due to low humity and low temps.
so i bought a digital hygro-thermometer for egg carton.com
my question is this i have taken the thermometor from my little gaint bator and placed on the top of the egss and then placed this new hy-thermometer standing up in the bator now the temp on the new digital thing is reading my temp lower then that which is on top of the eggs.do i stick with the one on top or the digital one
barnie.gif
this is day 5 for the eggs. right now the dig is reading 94.8 and the one on the eggs is reading 100 humity is 47%

You need to locate the sensor on your digital thermometer and place it so that the sensor is near the top of the eggs. This should bring your temps closer together and help you determine which to follow. If the sensor is on the floor, it will naturally be cooler. Higher up toward the heat will increase it. I hope this helps.

Does your incubator have a fan or is it still air? If it has a fan, around 100 is good. If it is still air, then you need to get closer to 101-102 for better hatch results.

thank you
thumbsup.gif

it is still air . i did'nt think of that thanks will get something to prop it up so it sit equal with the egg tunner but not in the way.
i sure do not want to go thur another bad hatch. i felt so awful poor little things
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom